The ASYC Code of Conduct
All members of the ASYC operate to the following Code of Conduct.
- Charter rates, hire charges, or any extra charges will include VAT if applicable and will be clearly stated and recorded at the time of booking and at the start of the charter.
- All security deposits will be refunded within 14 days of the completion of the charter unless there are grounds for retention.
- Specifications & Inventories for each boat will be be easily available.
- All advertising will be accurate and within Advertising Standards Agency rules.
- All boats will be coded according Department of Transport Code of Practice for Small Vessels and have appropriate insurance.
- All safety equipment will be checked before a boat is handed over.
- All clients will receive a full and detailed briefing including use of safety equipment.
- Each boat will hold a file containing ships papers available for inspection.
- Bareboat charterers will be given an on-call number – available 24 hours – 7 days a week.
- A list of all on board and a contact details at least one member of the group will be held whilst the boat is on charter.
- A record of any reported defects and action taken/repairs made will be kept.
- All returning boats will be met by at the agreed time by a representative of the company unless by prior agreement.
- All customers will be given the opportunity for feedback.
- All professional skippers will hold suitable qualifications.
- RYA centres will comply with all RYA requirements.
- All correspondence whether by post, email fax etc will be responded to in a timely fashion.
- Contact details will be clearly shown on websites and printed material.
- Websites will be accurate and kept up to date.
- Any disputes will be dealt with in a fair & timely fashion.
- If mutual agreement cannot be reached the ASYC independent arbitration service will be offered to the clients.